Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

42 DAYS UNTIL IDITAROD DROP BAGS ARE DUE

As you know, my mother passed away suddenly and this has bee a very difficult and emotional time for me. I would like to thank you for all the kind words and condolences that you have sent me. So many of you have share the passing of your parents with me and how time finds a way to heal the pain. My mother will forever be in my heart and I cherish my memories. She will be with me on the trail to Nome. I will run Iditarod in memory of my mother.

I would also like to take this time to again thank all of my sponsors...you are a part of the team...without you I couldn't do this. Again, I am so very appreciative for every part that you have played...the friends back home who helped with the Spaghetti Feed, those who helped with the fliers, website, post cards and slide presentations. Those who are sewing and those who have financially contributed by sponsoring a dog or filling the sled. I would also like to thank all those for the moral support you have given me to follow this dream.

Iditarod drops are just around the corner...Church friends have rescheduled our work party to this Friday. We will be cooking meals and FoodSaver sealing them, sewing leggings for the dogs, neck warmers and wrist warmers for Bob and Jan, powdering booties and packaging them.

I have had many offers from people asking if we can use any help. If you are a sewer and seriously have the time to sew, I can package up some fleece and a pattern and send it off to you.


Pastor Cheryl at our church has offered to powder all of our booties and package them. My friends Cecile, Frannie and Cheryle back in Washington are getting together to have a sewing day. We are so appreciative.

If you have Alaska airmiles that you don't know what to do with and you aren't using them...(I have no idea if they expire)...but we can put them to use flying the mushers and dogs back from Nome.

Just send me an email with your contact info and I will give you a call. jls.livingmydream@comcast.net

Thanks so much !

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment