I spent the past two days running a different trail system with Angie Taggart. We got in 36 miles each day and I was happy about that. Takes a lot more work for me, as I have to truck my dogs and sled. Dogs did great. The trail was hard and fast and there was quite a bit of ice. We ran out to Shirley Towne and ran the hills. Snacked the dogs and came back.
Tomorrow I will take out team two to Shirley Towne and run the hills with them. It will be a shorter run as I am trying to build up miles.
Spent this evening helping Angie get ready for the Copper Basin. Sounds like a really neat race. Most likely I will run that next year.
We have lost 3 snow machiners for Serum Run. That means that our costs went up from $2,300.00 each to $2,800.00. OUCH !!!! Hopefully we can pick up a few more snowmachines.
My snowmachine partner, Ricky arrives Saturday the 15Th. I will hopefully pick up the snowmachine this next week sometime. I purchased a SkiDoo Wide Track 550 Fan. When Ricky arrives, we will get him out in the swamp and then we will take a trip on the Denali Highway. He will get to practice hauling the Siglin sled loaded with all of our gear.
We will have so much to do to get geared up for the Serum Run. We have to equip the snowmachine with spare parts, tools, straps, etc. We will also have to figure out just how we are going to pack that sled. That will be Rick's baby and I will leave that up to him. I will just worry about how I will pack my sled.
We have shakedown coming up soon. It will be on the 21st of January. We will get together with all of the Serum Runners and hit the trail. It is shakedown...hoping to get all the bugs out and a chance for the newbies to learn from the veterans. We are both newbies ! We will spend the night in our Arctic Oven tent and get to find out what that is all about. Erin said that she is going to find the coldest place to camp.
Coming up the following week I will have my second race of the winter....the Don Bowers Memorial Race 200. I am looking forward to that. We are hoping that Ricky can get on with the race groomers. It will give him the opportunity to learn a lot.
Well, it is late and I am going to get some sleep.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go Jan! Rick and Trish are rooting for you.
ReplyDelete