I got up early and fed and watered dogs...notice a routine yet? Some days I will actually put on my refrigerware over my pj's and stumble out to the dog lot...and upon returning to the house I climb back into bed for another hours sleep. This morning was a get up and get dressed day, as I was being picked up at 8:30 to head to Homer and I still needed to pack up for the trip.
I was driving with Joe and Melissa to pick up the just purchased used snowmachine. They were needing to go to Seward so I offered to pay the gas to get my machine picked up. Right from the start we were having wiring problems...electrical stuff going on. We would stop along the way and Joe would be making repairs. We would stop at a few O'Rileys and pick up parts. More repairs. We finally limped our way into Homer. The view of the mountains and the water was spectacular...so very beautiful. By the time we got to Jeanne's to pick up the snowmachine, it was dark and we had no headlights.
We were so lucky to have such wonderful hospitality shown to us. We had a pizza dinner with Jeanne, Jim and Miranda and enjoyed sharing stories of life experiences...mostly of Alaska. Jim offered us the use of his RV and we will spend the night here. Our plan is to wake in the morning and load up the snowmachine and siglin sled and all of the accessories. Then we will limp into Soldotna and pick up an alternator for the truck and Joe will change it out. Then it is off to Seward to make a pick up and then back to Anchorage to pick up the Siglin sled that is sitting at Everett Air Freight.
I am supposed to pick up Ricky at the airport tomorrow night, just before midnight. I am hoping that we make it back to Willow safely. I am a bit nervous about how the snowmachine will be loaded and unloaded on the trailer. EEKS ! Maybe I shouldn't watch !
Friday, January 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment