Well, we woke up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee...mmmmm. Got dressed for the cold and took our newly purchased travel mugs and headed to the Dog Lot. We cleaned the dog lot...actually did hockey practice...with the frozen dog poops being the puck. The two of us get through the dog lot so fast. It so nice to have the help.
THE "POOPER SCOOPER"
I fed and watered the dogs, then Ricky went to start the car to warm it up. He started the car and then shut the door and all the doors locked. So, we went inside and visited with Ted and called AAA to have someone come out to unlock the car. The closest service was in Willow, but the guy was out of town til tomorrow. We had to have someone come out from Wasilla. We had at least a 2 hour wait.
With so much to do, we borrowed Ted's Ford and drove back to Joe's and decided that we would try and get the snowmachine off the trailer. Neither one of us knew how to run this snowmachine and I was just a bit overly concerned about all the smoke coming from it. I told Ricky that we should shut it down. I called Jim (a seasoned snowmachiner) and we were lucky as he was on his way home from Wasilla and was only 15 minutes away. He said that he would come and check out the machine.
When Jim arrived, he started it up and ran it off the trailer. He said it was a great machine and not to worry about it smoking when you first start it up. He gave Ricky some instructions on the machine. We decided that we would take a run out to the river, but first we needed to return Ted's truck and pick up the car.
Well, when we got back to the house, we put on all of our warm gear and jumped on the machine and headed towards the community center. We rolled the snowmachine and unfortunately Ricky injured his ankle. We continued on across a couple of lakes and Ricky's hands were cold. Ted had always told me that if you are cold, to head home. He said that you will never warm up. So we headed back to the house. We need to get Ricky some serious snow machine mitts. I am so glad that we found this out before shakedown. Nothing is worse than being cold.
When we got back to the house, Ricky made chicken enchiladas and I went and fed and watered the dogs. Tomorrow morning I will food saver seal the enchiladas into meals for on the trail.
With so much to do, we borrowed Ted's Ford and drove back to Joe's and decided that we would try and get the snowmachine off the trailer. Neither one of us knew how to run this snowmachine and I was just a bit overly concerned about all the smoke coming from it. I told Ricky that we should shut it down. I called Jim (a seasoned snowmachiner) and we were lucky as he was on his way home from Wasilla and was only 15 minutes away. He said that he would come and check out the machine.
When Jim arrived, he started it up and ran it off the trailer. He said it was a great machine and not to worry about it smoking when you first start it up. He gave Ricky some instructions on the machine. We decided that we would take a run out to the river, but first we needed to return Ted's truck and pick up the car.
Well, when we got back to the house, we put on all of our warm gear and jumped on the machine and headed towards the community center. We rolled the snowmachine and unfortunately Ricky injured his ankle. We continued on across a couple of lakes and Ricky's hands were cold. Ted had always told me that if you are cold, to head home. He said that you will never warm up. So we headed back to the house. We need to get Ricky some serious snow machine mitts. I am so glad that we found this out before shakedown. Nothing is worse than being cold.
When we got back to the house, Ricky made chicken enchiladas and I went and fed and watered the dogs. Tomorrow morning I will food saver seal the enchiladas into meals for on the trail.
We have been running the rental car all night long. It sure beats getting up every 3 hours to start it up and run it for 20 minutes. It only burns an eighth of a tank and we get a good night's sleep. I hold my breath every time I start it and shut the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment