
On the drive home, I got phone call that turned my day upside down. It was from a Serum Run Musher who just dropped out. She was wanting to sell me a snowmachine.
Last month I had hoped to buy a great used snow machine, but she was there ahead of me. She ended up buying it and that left me scrambling for a machine. I ended up having to make an offer on a new machine. Long story short, now the used machine was available however, I would have to get out of the machine that I had an offer on. It is about $4,000.00 dollars less than the new one. The salesman will be out until Tuesday so I will have to wait until then to find out which machine I will purchase and take on Serum Run.
After spending so much time on the phone and trying to work out details, I decided that today would be a great "catch up day". I would spend the day taking care of loose ends and do everything but run the dogs. My mind would be everywhere, but on the dogs.
An article about my involvement in the Serum Run had just come out in the Enterprise, a local paper back home. We were the 4Th top read article online. Wow ! That was really surprising to hear. I also received a call from the Herald, a larger newspaper back home, and they want to run their own article. I am hoping that it will generate some local interest and bring us some sponsorship to help with the costs of this expedition.
So here is hoping that I can pick up the used machine. The nice thing is that it is all equipped for Serum Run and that would sure simplify my life. Right now I am all for simplifying my life as it is very soon going to get rather complicated. In the next 40 days, I have to prepare for a 200 mile race, shakedown, a 300 mile race and the Serum Run. Organization will be the key.
No comments:
Post a Comment