Amber having her microchip scannedWell, we started the morning off early and headed to Wasilla for vet checks. It was a fun morning and the dogs all passed. Then I ran some errands in town while Bob headed back to the kennel with the dogs. When I got back I went to Ted's and picked up a sled for my Iditarider
Then we took the dogs for a 10 mile run. I took Kim in my sled bag and Aaron drove a tag sled. Interesting. Here it i midnight and I am heading to bed. Morning will come early...at 4am. We have to be in Anchorage for the Drivers meeting and then we have lunch with our Iditariders. Then it is off to the banquet. I don't think that we will be home until after 1 am...
Will be such a long day.
Friday will be a full day going through our final preparations. And we will tackle digging out buried dog houses.
Then we took the dogs for a 10 mile run. I took Kim in my sled bag and Aaron drove a tag sled. Interesting. Here it i midnight and I am heading to bed. Morning will come early...at 4am. We have to be in Anchorage for the Drivers meeting and then we have lunch with our Iditariders. Then it is off to the banquet. I don't think that we will be home until after 1 am...
Will be such a long day.
Friday will be a full day going through our final preparations. And we will tackle digging out buried dog houses.
Jan I really really hope you send a photos of the dogs we are rooting for to class Mrs.E
ReplyDeletePS: this is by Melanie Hernandez Flores
Jan I really hope you send photos of your dogs we are rooting for to Mrs E in cherry valley not Mrs Edward
ReplyDeletePS this is from Melani Hernandez Flores
Jan I really hope you send photos of your dogs we are rooting for to Mrs E in cherry valley not Mrs Edward
ReplyDeletePS this is from Melani Hernandez Flores
Hi my name is Mackenzie and I'm on this website because Jan Steves is my musher that i'm tracking and rooting for and I want her to know if she is reading this. I want her to know it is not all about winning stuff.It really is to have fun with yourself.If you are in last place when you cross the finish line.It is ok cause you will win the red lantern it is fun to win things. Like Ally Zirkle she won a gift and I bet she is happy the best thing is that no matter what place your in when you cross that finish line at least you got through the race. I don't really care what place your in I just am proud of you.So YOU GO GIRL!And remeber I'm always going to be proud of you.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Mackenzie...Well, I was in last place, but I made it. It was the experience of a lifetime and a challenge of a lifetime. And yes, I did have fun, but there were times when it was just down right challenging. But with that comes a sense of accomplishment...and it is so sweet to acheive your goals when you have to give it your all. When ever I look at the red lantern I will be reminded of my journey and making it all the way to Nome. I am honored that you chose me to be your musher !
ReplyDelete