Up at 4 am this morning....snacked and watered the dogs. Left instructions for a friend to come and feed the dogs and start the truck. It was 10 below at the house this morning. We will have a long day. We start at 8 am with a mushers meeting. Then at noon we have lunch with our Iditarider. Then it is off to the Banquet at 5:30. We are hoping that it will be over by 11:00 as we have a two hour drive home.
I am anxious to meet my Iditarider. Her name is Teresa and she is from North Carolina. We have exchanged emails over the past months. She sponsored "Red". She will have the ride of her life in my sled bag out of Anchorage on the Ceremonial Start.
Friends Jenny, Jane, and Debi will meet us at the Banquet. We will also re-connect with Kathy, Patty and Cindy(who came for a kennel tour). Trish and Sandy will be arriving Friday. They are friends from home who have been following my dream and part of my support network. Wonderful friends.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jan: Dad and I just read all your latest entries. Wow, what an adventure. Trish is flying north as we sit here. I love the vivid way you describe being out in the wilds. Enjoy all the festivities leading up to the race and then... good luck! You're in our prayers. Give the dogs a hug for each of us. Rick
ReplyDeleteJan
ReplyDeleteThe 4th graders and I were delighted to get a chance to talk to you via phone yesterday! Thanks so much for taking the time to do so! We send you all our good wishes & prayers for a successful race!
We will check in on Monday a.m. to see how you are doing via the GPS.
Give the dogs a hug from us. (So glad to hear that my fave Stovepipe will lead the team!)
Enjoy every moment as much as you can! What a great experience for you.
I really enjoyed the phone call. It is great having the students excited about Iditarod and following my progress. Thanks for the good wishes and prayers.
DeleteSaw your story on your brother's Facebook page. As a fellow "Jan" who is 51 and feeling the need to DO something, and a fellow dog and Alaska lover, I am so inspired by your story. I'll be following along and saying prayers for a safe journey for you and your dogs. The Iditarod has always been fascinating to me but I never did anything about it and have never made it to Alaska despite a life-long dream. Hurrah to you for this huge undertaking and following your dreams - Go girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Jan...(great name !) I am inspired by all those who are and have followed me on this journey ! Come to Alaska and experience the Iditarod...it is truly amazing.
DeleteJan
Jan
ReplyDeleteWe are very happy that the day you have worked so very hard for is finally here. As you head off into the heart of Alaska for the culmination of this chapter in your life, we wish you all of the best and hold you in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks so much Bill, Mary and Tyler !
ReplyDelete