Well, we each took out a 10 dog team. We headed out the driveway and down the street to our trail access. Then we traveled along the Parks Highway and under the Little Willow Creek bridge. Just before the bridge we ended up going through water about 12 inches deep. Sent water spraying up to my knees. Made for frozen pant legs. The dogs just plowed through it.
My old trails are inaccessible...as Deception Creek has opened and the water is high and flowing fast. I am so glad that I am training on the other side of the Parks Highway. I don't have to worry about Deception Creek anymore. Last year I ended up trucking my dogs most of the time. It is so nice to be able to run right out of the kennel.
The dogs had to work hard with the new snow. It was slower going, but they did great. They came back to the kennel strong. Back at the kennel they were nback to their houses and are anxiously awaiting their dog biscuit, which I give them when I get to their house.
For dinner tonight I made a big pot of goulash...enough for a few meals and also for some Iditarod meals. We will turn on the generator and I will food saver seal meal pouches for us. They will be great on the trail ! YUM !
We are getting into the Christmas spirit, sitting in the dark with our LEDs listening to Christmas music from my laptop. Mannheim Steamroller. This will be my first Christmas in Alaska.
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment