Well, we got a later start on our morning run....so knowing that we may be in after the post office closed, I ran down to the post office to send out some packages and pick up two that I knew were there waiting for me. I knew that they were full of goodies. I got to the post office 5 minutes after the window closed. I was so very fortunate that the gal working there opened up the window and brought me my two packages. She saw my packages in my arms and asked how I was sending them...I told her they were priority flat rate. She said she would take them. So, what a very wonderful thoughtful postal employee who I know wanted to get home as fast as she could.
Got home and we hooked up our teams and we both ran 10 dogs. We went across the highway and decided to run our 26 mile loop. They had to break trail for half of the run. We had soft trail, firm trail and a deep trail. Dogs did great. We only saw one musher out there...it was Lev. He ran out to Shirley Towne. We opted not to. Dogs came home happy. A good run. I had Thornton and Magic in lead...my two female leads. They did really well and I was pleased.
We then headed out for dinner with friends....had a very nice evening. I called home and talked with my family earlier and it was so nice to talk with each one. Also it was nice knowing that my kids were with their grandparents and my brother, Trish, and my Aunt and Uncle.
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment