Great run today. The dogs worked hard with added miles and hills. Fun trails for the musher as well. I had Tok in lead with Stovepipe.
When I was ready to leave the kennel, my quick release wouldn't release. I had to take out my leatherman and grab the pin with it and give it a yank....then I had to get it folded back up and into my pocket before the turn onto the road. Keep in mind that the team is full speed ahead racing out the driveway. All went smooth. Whew!
We hit our trail out to the highway and headed for Little Willow Creek. On that approach, we hit the overflow again, and Tok and Stovepipe charged right through it, with the rest of the team following. Again, I was splashed up to my knees, amazed that no water entered my boots. We hit more overflow on the other side of the highway and then headed for the trestle. I followed Bob's team out as we were going to take a bunch of new trails. When we were headed home, I passed his team and lead back to the kennel.
I love having my dogs just outside the dining room window. I think that it is entertainment for both the dogs and us (me). They sure seem interested in what is going on in the house and I enjoy watching them in the mornings wake up and come to life. Max is forever playing with his dog bowl...with a frenzy...quite amusing. He will often end up with two extra bowls in his space. Jimmy and Red frolic and play together. They are one happy group of dogs.
Dogs are fed, quiet and in their houses. A peaceful end to a wonderful day.
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Jan sounds like you are getting into some areas that are very similar to what you will encounter on the trail. Having the correct equipment makes all the difference in the world. Jeff
ReplyDeleteYou are right about that Jeff, and knowing where it is is so very important as well. I always keep my leatherman in my left pants pocket. My backup headlamp is always in my left chest pocket. My lighter is in my right pant pocket. I have spare hand warmers in my right cargo pocket. Great to hear from you Jeff !
ReplyDelete