The dogs have been down for two days now and they will be very happy to hit the trails again tomorrow.
It has been a long day, even though we didn't run dogs. The FoodSaver machine has been running full speed ahead. I have made up a bunch of grape juice pops and pomegranate pops. I also finished up the washcloths...a luxury on the trail. I have taken washcloths and soaked them in water and then I set them outside to freeze solid. Then they are FoodSaver sealed and ready for drop bags. On the trail you toss one in your cooker and you have a nice steaming hot washcloth.
I also sewed wristettes. They are great. While booting dogs in the very cold, you have your fingers out. You can tuck a hand warmer in the palm of the wristette and also on the top of the hand if it is very cold.
Made a trip into town and picked up 360 pounds of race mix, two boxes of foot warmers. Picked up an assortment of work gloves and we are going to put them to the test and figure out what we will buy and pack up for Iditarod. Picked up some lumber so that we can build some shelves for all of our "stuff" that we will have to start storing for the big race.
While at WallyMart, I picked up 4 snowmen with fleece blankets. A screaming deal as they were marked down 75%. Hmm....what to do with 4 stuffed snowmen? There were two small children in shopping carts where I was checking out and I pulled the snowmen free of the blankets and left with the vision of the two small children hugging the snowmen and a smile on my face.
Movie night...Fried Green Tomatoes...but no ice cream(doesn't sound too good with tomatoes).
Monday, December 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment