Well, we took out 3 - 8 dogs teams today. The trail was hard and fast. We had 4 head on passes. I had Tok in lead with Carmack and then changed Carmack out with Nugget. Nugget really picked the pace up. On the home stretch back to the kennel there were two big moose on the trail. Thankfully they both scattered through the trees when we approached.
Back at the house I got caught up with scooping the kennel. Spent time with the dogs at their houses. They all ate well and are snuggled in their houses. 11 PM and it is snowing.
With the generator running I got to enjoy Christmas music and our Christmas lights while I worked in the kitchen. Looking out the window was so beautiful...the dog lot was lit up and the snow was coming down quite heavy. Right now we have our lights draped around the windows and it just made everything look so festive.
This evening I made french toast and sausages for our food drops. The food saver machine will really get a work out from now until drop bags. Bob and I started our list for Iditarod. It is really crucial that we get everything figured out and prepared, bought, packed, etc.
I have a ruff being made for me by Pam Redington out in Manley Hot Springs. I met her last year when on the Serum Run. She makes beautiful ruffs.
Well, it is off to bed....morning will come early.
Monday, December 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment