Got up early and watered dogs. Then we met Ted for breakfast at the Trading Post. Had Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs. YUM. Had a great visit with Ted and then we headed back to the kennel and cleaned the kennel. Well, the stack of dog kibble is diminishing and the poop pile is growing.
We each hooked up a team and we traveled to the other side of the Highway. We head on passed DeeDee Walker twice. Her team looked good and the passes were clean. Both teams were well behaved. Bob and I did a couple of over taking passes and the dogs did great.
I was running Stovepipe and Carmack in lead. They did a super job. The team is looking good and they are raring to go when ever we stop. One more run at this mileage and then we are going to up it again. I am hoping to get the team out on our hill training trail. It is a great place to train.
We took the 2 pups for a walk this early evening and they loved it. So fun to watch them and their endless energy. The ground is frozen and it seems like the colder temps are here to stay. Time to add a bit more straw to the dog houses. That will surely excite most of the dogs.
Right now I am sitting at my new work desk (my half of a door that was stained that sits on top of two filing cabinets.) There is enough room for two adults to comfortable work at it. My laptop is on battery power and I am using my aircard. I am working by the light of my lantern. It is actually quite nice.
Every day we get a bit more organized and I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. We set up a pantry and now it is well stocked. A very nice feeling. Our dining room table is now a full time eating table and all of our work stuff is at our new work station.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment