Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sewing Day and Straw Day

Today was a great day. I slept in. We watered the dogs at 9:00. I gave my team a rest day and that gave me time to go to the Community Center and sew. I have 25 neck warmers to sew and 14 pairs of wrist warmers to make.

After I got back from sewing, I joined Bob on the 4 wheeler and we ran his 20 dog team. The mountains were so beautiful, covered with new snow. When we came back to the kennel, my team was going bonkers...they were ready to run.

Instead of running, I scooped the kennel and the we fed the dogs. I had a surprise for the dogs that I was anticipating all day. I strawed their houses. It is one of my favorite things to do. They get so excited and excited they were. Right after I fill them with straw, they each go inside and arrange the straw in their house and then they lay down. It is a happy time for all. Well, they are all tucked into their houses...that is except Jimmy. He still lays curled up on the ground.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jan one of my friends used to always bring straw for my three when we went camping in the early spring. They loved it to. It had to moved around just so and then they would lay down. Funny how these dogs are.The snow pictures are pretty but I am not ready for winter. Still have to get all 300 dahlia plants dug.Going to start on it tomorrow. Jeff

    ReplyDelete