Well, I have been in Willow now for two weeks. It has been a very busy two weeks...setting up a kennel, building dog houses and unpacking. I am so glad that we drove my Subaru Forester up. It is so nice having my own wheels here. Definitely comes in handy having two vehicles.
Amber has adjusted back to being a full time sled dog. I will admit it seems as she is a bit jealous of my interactions with the other dogs. She was the first dog to go into her new house. Kind of funny...there were only a handful of dogs who slept in their new house the first night. By the third night most all but Jimmy were sleeping in their houses.
The dogs are doing a lot of howling and I love listening to their music. If you listen carefully, you can pick out the individual howls. Love it ! Spot amused us as he was laying on his side on the top of his house and howled with the gang while laying on his side.
The dogs are working together beautifully and we have had 7 days of running. This past week I ran a 14 dog team each day. The leaders are doing great. I am nothing but smiles. I am hoping to be driving my own team soon. Right now Bob is driving the 4 wheeler and I sit behind and give my team the commands. Shoulder is doing well but it still needs more recovery time.
Friday, October 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment