Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Average Training Day in the Neighborhood

Did the usual, got up early and watered and scooped the dogs. We then went to breakfast with Ted English. Of course, our breakfast conversation was dogs, dogs, and more dogs...hmmm...are mushers like fishermen?

After breakfast we returned to the kennel. We reviewed the running log and decided to add 2 miles to our training run. This meant running the dogs on an extended loop of the trail that we have been running. It was nice to see some new scenery. Our run took us past 18 - 20 driveways and 8 subdivision road crossings. I gave 18 gee/haw commands. One section I was amazed that I managed to stay on the back of the 4 wheeler. It was like riding one of those iron bulls. Needless to say, I will add another boat cushion before tomorrows run.

The dogs were fabulous and we head on passed DeeDee Jonrowe, and two other musher neighbors. I was really impressed with my team...they were well enough focused that they didn't even flinch on the head on passes.

They returned to the kennel at nearly the same speed as the beginning of the run. I was happy with this as two miles were added to their run.

BAck at the kennel we had snow sightings....12 -15 flakes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jan--nice to see you smiling on the quad. Your dogs look great. Good luck to you!
    I see you have three photos I took here on your blog. ummmmm--photo credit??? :)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna, It is nice to see you out with your dogs too. Sorry about the no credits...they have credits now. Thank you for your wonderful photography. Jan

    ReplyDelete