MOCHAS FOR THE TRAIL !
Alaska Dream Espresso
Some items in my food drops take a bit of preparation time...
but I am hoping that this was worth it !
I love Ola's Mochas on the road...
and I am sure I will love them even more on the trail.
Cheese cake...Yum !
Just have to freeze and seal in individual portions.
Lots of brownies on the trail.
Bakers: Jane Barnes and Leslie Aliverti Jones
Snack Bags for the trail made by Amy Young, GA
Thank You Amy !
Squeeze applesauce...
Squeeze Yogurt and Fruit, Fruit and Veggies
Had to test them out and yes, they are YUMMY !
Thank You Gerber !
Meals that boil in their bag.
Oysters are a treat !
Veggies
Juicy Mandarin Oranges and Grapefruit Sections
Ready for the trail
Mac and Cheese, Chilli, Pizza
Also Burritos made by Jane Barnes- YUM !
You've heard of "walk in freezers"
...this is my "walk out freezer.
Just open the door and place your food outside!
Wool Socks FoodSaver Sealed
Ready for the trail
Glove Bags FoodSaver Sealed
Ready for the trail !
Chemical warmers bagged and ready for the trail
Booties powdered, bundled and
packaged for the trail
THE ASSEMBLY LINE
Filling the drop bags is kind of like "Trick or Treating" We just go down the line and put one of each item in the bag. Certain checkpoints will get more of each item, depending on the mileage between checkpoints. If I am planning on camping between a checkpoint, extra sets of booties, hand warmers, gloves, socks, food and drink are bagged up. Of course, the same goes for the dog food drops. They will have meat and kibble for extra meals and they will also have extra meat snacks packed.
Bagging Kibble
Thanks Bob...AKA Kibble Man
Jan, your food selections look extra yummy! It's hard to believe that the race is only 2 weeks away. Kids are getting excited. Everyone has a musher to follow (Cam is keeping track of you for all of us :-)
ReplyDeleteThis weather and conditions on the trail must be worrisome. I know our weather here is crazy - wind/rain and cold, but only one snow day!
Looking forward to an exciting race! Mush on
Nancy
Hi Nancy, As always, it is great to hear from you. Let's just hope that the temperatures stay warmer than last year. I don't want any of my food or the dog's food spoiling out there on the trail. Less than two weeks away ! EEKS ! The time will be flying by so very fast. I am working on my final list of all I have to do.
DeleteTrail conditions are worrisome, to say the least. On my list is to get a helmet and get it professionally fitted. I am going to protect my brains.
A big "Hello" to all you students at St. Matthew ! I am really looking forward to visiting when I am back in town. Have fun learning all about the Iditarod and your mushers. Most of all, have a fun time! Jan and her wonderful dogs.
Thanks for the pics. Real interesting to see all the prep involved. I especially like the boxes of oysters.
ReplyDeleteYou are so welcome Steven. Just toss that can of oysters in the cooker and let the water thaw them out and then I enjoy! Jan
DeleteReminds me of preparing for travel in space! LOL!
ReplyDeleteHi Cindy, Are you dreaming of being on the runners? Can't wait for our drive through Anchorage with Nikki in the sled bag! An experience of a lifetime ! A memory that we will never forget. : ) You are such a good sport! Jan
DeleteJan, I am so thrilled to have been able to help you out. I just wish that my schedule would have allowed me to do more to help. Can't wait to see you to the start line and track your progress. Sending hugs from Wasilla until I can see you in ANC!! Stay calm and things will be awesome!
ReplyDeleteThanks Anna! You've already done so much with photographing the dogs. It will be wonderful to have you in Anchorage for the Ceremonial Start and in Willow for the re-start. Hope that you bring your camera and gets some fabulous shots.
ReplyDeleteWOW ! What a production that is. This must be a very busy time for you. Good luck on the trail. Julie in Snohomish
ReplyDelete