Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

LIFE AFTER FOOD DROPS ! ! !

2204 POUNDS HEADING FOR ANCHORAGE


A HUGE thank you to Terry and Vance

YAY!  DROP BAGS ARE DONE !   THEY ARE NOW IN THE HANDS OF IDITAROD...but...just where will they go?  This year just days before drops, we were told that there was an alternative route that was being considered due to the trail conditions...and our extreme lack of snow.  Iditarod will make an announcement as to which route that we will take on Monday (4 days after I had to have my drop bags in.).

So, if we don't go on the usual Northern Route, we will be leaving from Fairbanks.  To show you some of the confusion, I will give you a bit of a recap.

If we go the normal route, we will travel Skwentna, Rainy Pass, Rohn, Nikolai, McGrath, Tokotna, Ophir, Cripple, Ruby, Galena, Nulato, Kaltag, Unalakleet, Shaktoolik, Koyuk, Elim, White Mt. Safety, and Nome.

If we take the alternate route, we will travel Fairbanks, Nenana, Manley, Tanana, Ruby, Galena, Nulato, Kaltag, Eagle Island, Grayling, Anvik, Grayling, Eagle Island, Kaltag, Unalakleet, Shaktoolik, Koyuk, Elim, White Mountain,Safety, and Nome.

My Skwentna bag will go to Manley, Rainy Pass bag to Grayling, Roan bag to Kaltag, Nikolai bag to Eagle Island, McGrath bag to Galena, Tokotna bag to Tanana, Ophir bag to Grayling, Cripple bag to Eagle Island, Ruby.

On the northern route, I would take my 24 at McGrath and my 8 at Ruby.  On the alternative route I would take my 24 at Galena and haven't figured out where I will take my 8.  In any event, I sent out on abundance of food for the dogs to cover where ever it is that we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment