Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Oh, Murphy's Law is raising it's head a bit too much !

Well, I am a bit tired of things not going right.   Down right frustrating.  The latest and most distressing is that an Expedition -60 degree parka is roaming around who knows where somewhere within the US Postal Service.   They show it left Fairbanks AK Tuesday and was supposed to arrive Willow on Thursday.  Yesterday it didn't show up.   I was at the post office again first thing this morning.  It still hasn't arrived.  

My neighbor has been tracking her missing package that was Valentine's cookies for her daughter.  She sent them to Fairbanks and they are still traveling the world.  They went to Purto Rico and were last in San Juan.  At least she can keep track of her package as it is being scanned and she has been tracking it.   My package is a mystery...

They checked the tracking number and it hasn't been scanned since Fairbanks on the 18th.  Not good.   I decided that it was FAR past time to be a bit assertive.   I insisted that something should be done.  It was sent priority mail and insured.  Our local post mistress was great.  She got on the phone and called Fairbanks, and then Anchorage.   They also filed a report yesterday and followed up on it today.   STILL NO NEWS.   NO ONE KNOWS WHERE THE PARCEL IS.

To make a long story short, I ordered a large parka and Apocalypse Design of Fairbanks made a beautiful parka, but it was larger than the large that I had tried on...and the original large was large enough.  Couldn't be any larger.   Well, the one that they made for me was almost a size bigger.  Warn unzipped it would practically fall off my shoulders.  Too big.   They are scheduled to make a new on Monday morning and it will be hand carried to me in Willow by a friend who lives in Fairbanks (not trusting the US Post Office on this one).  The catch is that they sent me their size medium to try so that they know just what size that I need.  Now their sample is lost.  There is no time for an over 10 hour drive to Fairbanks...at this stage of pre Race.  

I hope that this doesn't have an ugly ending...like no wonderful parka.


2 comments:

  1. Update: Still no parka. Everyone is pointing their fingers to Anchorage Post Office. As of late, they have had a pretty bad reputation. There is still Monday morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up the Parka in Anchorage ! Yay ! All is good. I will be wearing my Apocalypse Expedition Parka for Iditarod. I am happy !

    ReplyDelete