Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

LET IT SNOW...LET IT SNOW...LET IT SNOW !

Woke up to a couple of more inches of snow.  Dogs were quite happy and playful.  They too have been waiting for snow.  Watered the dogs and scooped the kennel.  Made scooping the kennel more like a treasure hunt...thankful that everything is still frozen!  : )

 Hooked up a 9 dog team and hit the trails.  Slow going.  Nice for a change, as our trails have been fast and hard for a long time.  Heading to the other side of the highway.  We have to go under the bridge.


We had a nice run.  A bit shorter that I wanted, but that is ok...as the dogs had to work a bit harder.  We will have to mark the new trail in the daylight.  Then I will give it a try on my own.   I do like knowing that I will make it back to the kennel !

On my way back from the run, when I was about a half mile from the kennel, I ran into 2 moose.  It is the first that I have seen on our exit trail this season.  I hope they are here for the rest of the winter.  It has been so nice being moose free on our trail.
Oh...Happy Day !! !

6 comments:

  1. All right, I hope it stays cold and snowy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have snow here in Willow...now we just need it on the Iditarod Trail...do your snow dance !

      Delete
  2. Jan - I had no idea you were a musher! Very impressive!

    Jim Hettinger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim...I am a late bloomer...started at the ripe old age of 52 ! Fell in love with sled dogs...well, that is nothing new. I have always been a dog lover. These dogs are truly amazing. Nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  3. Good luck! I will be watching the blogs!

    ReplyDelete