Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fabulous Day

Well, I have been working on setting up a new tow line or gang line.  I have added 10 inches to the loop on the rear end of each dog's harness.  I also have fidded all new tug lines, 10 inches shorter than normal...Get the picture.   Now the snap doesn't hook right below the sled dog's rear end.  It hooks 10 inches away from the poop zone.  No poops covering the snaps and freezing.  I should have done this a long time ago.   The two sections are a bright yellow.  I can see them really well during the day, but they don't glow in the dark so it is still hard to see them at night.   The tow line is also sporting all new reflective necklines that are red.

The mad fidders are Jan, Bob and Terry.  I will post a pic later of how we fid neck and tug lines.

I also received in the mail from Prairiebilt, my new brake bar and drag mat.  They are installed on my sled and today was the test run.  We were kind of surprised when the drag mat came, as it was a paddle track and it is really beefy.   I was expecting the same kind of drag mat as I have on my sled, with extra spikies.

When I was ready to take off, I realized that I didn't have my camera, but the dogs were all in the tow line and ready to go, so I decided that it wouldn't be a good thing to run and get it.   I took in the beautiful sights and so wished that I had a camera.  Such is life.  

Dogs did great on the run.  We are planning a long run tomorrow and will be getting an early start.  We will be double sledding.  I am looking forward to that.  Dogs don't know it, but decisions are being made on selecting the team.  Of course, no decision will be cast in stone.   We will still keep all the dogs in training.  You never know what might happen.

Good night !  

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to share your blog with the kiddos. Iditarod education in Iowa starts tomorrow! My favorite time of the year! Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheryl for sponsoring the team ! It is so very appreciated and needed. Jan

      Delete
  2. Hi Sheryl, tell the kids that both Bob and I say "Hi". Should be a wild ride ! No one knows what to expect. Jan

    ReplyDelete