 |
| Booting Yen |
 |
| Booting Otter |
Well, woke up this morning to the thermometer reading -25 degrees. We made the decision to run the dogs short due to the temperatures. So it would be out to our loop on the other side of the highway and back. Funny how today it seemed so much warmer than the other day when it was only -15 degrees. That day we all froze. I had such cold feet and hands and my core was also cold. Today on our run, my feet were nice and warm and so were my hands. Dogs did great.
 |
| Along the Parks Highway |
 |
One of our road crossings.
Even though it was kind of overcast, there is a real beauty out on the trail. I was bummed that my camera battery only lasted long enough to get two pictures on the trail. When we got into the trees it was so beautiful. I am going to order a special battery for my new camera and I sure hope that it will work in the cold . My older camera that I have used for the past 4 years here in Alaska worked even in -50 degrees. It had two AA batteries in it. I used lithium batteries and never had an issue. Sometimes change is good...sometimes frustrating. Still trying to work out the bugs.
|
Glad to see the colder weather is back for you.
ReplyDeleteYes, it is great ! But we will settle for zero. That is just fine with me. : ) Trails are nice. We now have more trails put in and we are seeing fewer and fewer mushers out there on the trails. They are out there...just more spread out. Soon we will be doing some river travel. Hoping to make a trip to Yentna Station soon. We will do that as a camping trip with the dogs.
ReplyDelete