Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Cell Phone Saga....

Beautiful picture of Bob's team, taken by Bob with his iPhone.
If I had an iPhone that would work, I would post a pic of my team taken on this gorgeous, -15 degree day.  
Well, over the past 4 years, I have had nothing but fun with cell service and my cell phones, while here in Alaska.   Originally I had a T Mobile phone and it worked great.  However, I got a letter from T Mobile that said that I had 30 before they were ending my service.  I had too high a percentage of roaming...I was roaming 100% while training.  So...I ended juggling 2 phones, a AT&T phone and my T Mobile.

Two months ago I got a Smart Phone....(which is rather dumb).  In getting my iPhone, I got rid of my two other phones.   Now here I am, and I have no phone while I am on the trail and it is cold.  I keep it in an interior pocket where it is nice and warm.  When I take it out it lasts about 30 seconds and it shuts off.  Mean while, Bob is there with his phone and taking pictures and movies.  And...he can also receive and place calls.  

Why on earth doesn't my 4S iPhone work???  

Today's run was 42 miles.  Our temps were -15.  I will say that I was rather cold on this run.  It was a beautiful day.   Here's hoping that I will soon have a camera so that I can capture some of the beauty that I am so privileged to see and enjoy while on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment