Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Picture of My Team Today, Taken by Donna Quante

2013 Husky Productions/Donna Quante
Got up this morning and same old routine...was able to do my dog chores without all of my layers.  It was a mere -5 degrees and actually warmed up to zero degrees after my run.  After watering, scooping the kennel and having a quick bite to eat, I hooked up 10 dogs.  I ran Ursa and Magic in lead, and I found myself worrying like a mother hen...hoping that we wouldn't encounter two certain teams on the trail.

At the end of yesterday's run, I missed out on sharing a most beautiful sunset.  My iPhone dies on me when I am out on the trail.  Kind of a bummer, as I have no way to make an emergency call or take drop dead gorgeous pictures.   In any event, today, I placed a toe warmer on the back side of my iPhone in hopes that I would be able to take pics while on the trail.

We went down to Little Willow Creek and under the bridge and the out onto the swamp on the other side of the highway.  We passed our usual turnaround and headed out for another run on "Cookie Dough".  Dogs were doing great and so was the musher.  We had a number of great head on passes with nice traveling teams and well behaved dogs.   Hoping to build back up the confidence in Ursa.

I had in my sled two pieces of salmon for each dog,  to snack out at our half way point.  When we got there, I stopped to rest the team, shower them with love and pass out salmon.  Then we were off and running.  On my way back to the kennel, when we were traveling along side the Parks Highway, Donna stopped and took this picture of my team.  Thanks Donna !


2 comments:

  1. Great picture. It finally has cooled down here. Got up this morning and it was 24 out. Suppose to stay cool through the weekend with a possible dusting of snow. Dogs are happy with the cooler weather now. Need to get my new boys hooked up to the diggler scooter soon. These guys come close to pulling me down multiple times on every walk. I swear they are stronger then my big boys were. Jeff and the monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff, nice to hear from you. That is great that you have a Diggler scooter. I hear that they are nice. Your weather is colder than ours. We are near 32 degrees now. Far too warm for us. Thanks, it is a wonderful picture. Jan

    ReplyDelete