Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

WONDERFUL DAY ON THE TRAIL

This afternoon I ran two 8 dog teams.  We are experiencing a heat wave now with temps in the teens.  : )  Much nicer than the -30s.  We just went out for a 20 mile run, across the highway and out to the intertie and back.  Interesting note:  That intertie runs all the way from Anchorage to Fairbanks.   The first run was in the daylight and a very nice time on the trail.  Temperatures with around 15 degrees.  Back at the kennel after the run, we grabbed a quick bite to eat and then armed with headlamps, we hooked up the next team.

Arnie was outside on a post and he was going nuts.  I think that he thought that he was going to go for a run. Sorry buddy for the disappointment.

I was particularly taken by my second team.  I was running different leader combinations due to Arnie not being in the mix.  On team 2, I ran Magic and Win in lead, Chop and Ursa in swing, followed by Chip and Dale and then Chad and Otter in Wheel.  It was so beautiful watching this team move down the trail.  We had three head on passes with each team.

A wonderful day and evening on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment