Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

TO ANCHORAGE WE GO

Well, the day starts as usual,  up early and water the dogs.  Then it was warm compresses on Arnie's head.  He is being so good.   I am now able to do it my self without holding him down.  He actually relaxes and just lets the warmth soak in.  Then it was pack up breakfast for on the road.  Scooping the kennel will have to wait until this afternoon.

We are on our way to Anchorage to pick up a ton of dog food.  Then we will run a few errands while in town.  With my "Hot Spot" I am able to get caught up on some work on the 4 plus hour drive.

Each time I have driven into town, I am seeing more and more moose along side of the road.  Ugh.  There was once a time when I enjoyed seeing them and was quite interested in them.   I spent 3 winters training with no issues and then in 2012 I experienced a moose stomping of my team.   Terrifying.  So, it is understandable that I am not too thrilled to see those guys along the road.   I guess along the road is better than on the trail.

Arnie is sharing the back seat of the truck with Buzz.  You can tell that he has been experiencing cabin fever.  He is eager to get back with the pack.




No comments:

Post a Comment