Last night I started the 4 wheeler before I went to bed and then got up at 4 am to start it again. I can tell you that I didn't want to get up when the alarm went off...let alone, head out the door to the 4 wheeler. It was a very cold cold. I bundled up and went out and again, the 4 wheeler started right up. I let it run for about 20 minutes. Then I crawled back to bed to get a couple more hours sleep.
This morning the temperature was -25 degrees. That is cold. You know that it is colder when you go out to water and your nose hurts when you breathe. Watered the dogs and then scooped the kennel. Then it was inside to warm up and have breakfast.
Each day I have been out with a team I have been cold. I knew that today would be no different. I pulled out my red Trans Alaskan Suit and armed with hand warmers and toe warmers, I set off on the trail with my team.
Sounds to cold to me. Cant imagine having to get up to feed and water the kids in that cold of weather. Do you get used to the cold or just tolerate it? Wish Bob a happy birthday for me. Look forward to following your adventures with the dogs again this year. Jeff and the monsterdogs.
ReplyDeleteHi Jeff, Good to hear from you. I can tell you this time of year it is a challenge for me with the temps this low. Especially arriving so late. I think that we kind of acclimate...get used to the cold slowly. However, when the temps drop to below - 20 it is just down right cold. I think then we are just tolerating it...hoping for warmer...but not too warm.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday to Bob. I've been out sick, so just checking in. I hope you both enjoy the holiday week as well!
ReplyDeleteJulie E., from Duvall
Thanks Julie, Hope that you have a nice Thanksgiving as well. We are spending it with friends...and of course, dogs!
ReplyDelete