Woke up this morning to 6 degrees. brrr. Sat down to a cup of coffee and then bundled up and watered and scooped the kennel. Such a great start to the day, dogs excited and happy to see you...and me happy to see them.
Back inside and then breakfast. Figured out my line up for a 16 dog team. Today I went out with Merv and Win in lead. After a short distance I stopped and put Win in swing and Arnie up with Merv. Much better.
We headed to the other side of the highway and varied our run from the day before. Had a head on pass with Bob through the tightest, twistiest, treed part of the trail. Took some fancy maneuvering, but a great pass.
I am so proud of my team. After ending up on a wrong trail, we drove through 3 dog lots with no issues. Also encountered two loose dogs. My leaders and team stayed focused and didn't bat an eye. They cruised right on by and we were soon back out to the Parks Hwy.
Turns out that that kennel access was new this year. Many of us would take a "haw" at the intersection and now there is a new trail there. More of a gradual left turn rather than the 90. Found out that I am not the only one whose teams ended up on Nick's kennel access.
A great day!
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment