We woke up to a glorious sight ! Snow !
And it just kept snowing the whole entire day.
So, aside from the snow, the day started out as normal....as normal as it can be for a musher. (That should give you a hint, along with the title of this blog entry. Watered the dogs and scooped the kennel. I can tell you there is nothing that I enjoy more than greeting the dogs in the morning. They are so happy to see you. Tails a wagging and lots of nuzzles and kisses.
This morning seemed to bring a special exuberance...and I am sure that it was because of the snow. Most all of the dogs were out frolicking. There were a couple who were still holed up in their houses...waiting for their water and kibble to be delivered to their door. Such service.
Then it was back in the house for the mushers and a quick breakfast. Then out to start hooking up a team and getting ready for a run.
Jimmy waiting patiently
Well, the run started out as usual. Out the driveway and a right turn onto Serenity. Another right onto Melia and then a right onto Del M. As soon as I took the right on Del M, I saw a tire in the road ahead of me. Further ahead, I saw Bob's 4 wheeler...I mean, 3 wheeler. He broke an axle and that was the end of his rum. It was back to the kennel for him. I also turned my team so that I could go out and and help him get his team and 3 wheeler back.
Back at the kennel, the entire axle came free of the what was once a 4 wheeler. Bummer. It is pretty much toast.



I like the part where you say, "Further ahead, I saw Bob's 4 wheeler...I mean 3 wheeler" - ha ha. It's not funny that the axle broke. It's just funny how you said it. CindyK
ReplyDelete