Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

TAKING CARE OF MY BIGGEST FAN

I have been burning the candle at both ends now for what seems like forever.  My dad's care is my biggest concern.  I have a wonderful support network in place for my dad and he is so very excited about my second Iditarod.  Before I can head north there is still quite a bit yet to do.   I appreciate all the care and concern I have received for my dad.  It is very heartwarming.

My dad is a trooper with all of the tests that he has had to endure. He is making the adjustment to not driving as best as he can...a very hard thing to do for a man who loves to be on the go and for one who loves his daily breakfast outing to Claire's in Edmonds. 

Tomorrow we have a follow up visit to the Neurologist and will get the results of all of the tests.

I have taken the pressure off me by setting my target date for returning to Willow by October 8th.  I know that I can meet that goal, however, I am hopeful that I can book a flight sooner.  Rather than setting an earlier date and having the disappointment of not making it, I will hopefully be celebrating being able to book a flight before the 8th.

Dogs are doing great.  I can't wait to get up there and begin my 4 wheeler training.  I am also very anxious to get to know the new dogs on my team.  Every day I look forward to hearing how the dogs are doing on their training runs and I have been getting good feedback. 

I am so envious of all of my musher friends who are out there training their teams.  I hope to soon join them ! 

3 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you and your Dad Jan. I've introduced some of the kids this year to the Iditarod...and this blog. They already have the "bug" and it's only been a week with some of the kiddos. You mentioned earlier Bob had sent books...would you like me to meet you sometime before you go?

    Thanks so much for updating your blog with all you have on your plate!

    ~Julie from Duvall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, if you still have my number...give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have it. I'll call you later.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete