| "Tall Man's Storage Shed" |
On my last post I said the next project was to be the open air storage building. Well, It ended up being the compressor/storage shed. Bob refers to it as the "Tall Man's Storage Shed. We are both looking forward to having more storage space for this winter. I am hoping that it will translate into us being better prepared and better organized. (Wishful thinking??)
| Side View of the "Tall Man's Storage Shed" |
Veterinarian, Susan Dent visited the kennel today and gave Rabies vaccinations to all the dogs who need them. Another task done. Yea !
While Bob is accomplishing so much with the kennel, I have been spending days and days at Virginia Mason Medical Center while my father goes through a battery of tests and appointments from occupational therapy, physical therapy to MRI's and EEG's. Thankfully, all the tests have come back normal. However, his recent blood work showed that he had a significant vitamin B12 deficiency. He is soon to be starting B12 shots. It will be interesting to see if that helps him with his memory and cognitive ability. Here's hoping.
Dad is so very proud and he is talking with everyone about my participating in Iditarod 2013. He doesn't like me leaving each fall, but he has accepted it. He loves the dogs and has "bragging rights". He wants to know who I will bring back with me this next spring. I think that he is secretively hoping it will be Amber. He sure loves her.
Jan, what is your ETA for heading back to willow? Can wait to start hearing the training stories.
ReplyDeleteAmy
Hi Amy, I am hoping by the end of the month, but realistically, it could be the first week in October. I had planned on being home by the mid of September...but not so. : ( I will have to start sharing some of the stories about the dogs that Bob shares with me. Jan
ReplyDeleteJan, so sorry to read about your dad! It seems like the time is going by so fast. I'm sorry that my plans to help you didn't happen, but wonder if we could talk about another way to support you? I was also thinking that if you could make a visit this fall to introduce the kids to the Iditarod and you and your team. I was thinking of an honorarium for the visit which could contribute to your work. I would also like to sponsor one of your dogs.
ReplyDeleteKeeping you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers.
Nancy...just give me a call and we can schedule a visit. We will have to hand select the perfect dog for you ! They will all be jumping the highest, spinning the fastest and barking the loudest to be chosen by you ! My website should be updated soon...the webmaster got married and has been gone for 6 weeks.
ReplyDelete