Well, my father scared the living daylights out of me this past Sunday. After church I met him for coffee. He had just finished breakfast and I was joining him for coffee. There was something very strange about him. Then when he talked he made absolutely no sense at all. A quick call to 911 and he was off to the emergency room.
Kind of puzzled about exactly what happened to him. At first they were quite sure it was a stroke. Then they thought TIA, then possibly a seizure. In any event, all the many tests that were taken were OK and I was able to take him home last night. He was still not himself, but the Dr. thought that when he was back in his familiar surroundings that he may be far less confused.
Waking up this morning he was a different person...back to his normal old self, or darn close to it. The change was really dramatic. He slept well (I slept so-so...I am taller than the couch is long) and we went to his favorite breakfast place and he had a good breakfast. Today he is with his caretaker, Jackie and I am back to work.
I will be back with him this evening and again will stay with him. The plan is to have someone with him 24/7 for the week.
He will have a follow up neurological appointment on Thursday. My sister is flying out from Providence RI and it will be great to see her and great for her to see Dad. With my brother in town it will be one of those rare moments when all three kids are together. I am looking forward to being together as a family.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment