Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

STILL ON THE TRAIL???

Well, I will tell you it was a rather interesting night.  I did sleep in til 9:30, but my night was full of me talking in my sleep and vivid dreams of wanting/needing to hook up dogs and thinking that I had to be back on the trail.  In my "confusion", I would try to grasp the fact that I had already arrived in Nome and yet, why was I still having to run another leg???  Bob found it quite amusing and told me that is what Iditarod does to you.  When I was talking in my sleep about hooking up Chad, he replied that Cad was hooked up and I went back to sleep.  Pretty amusing.

I have been going through the return bags that we carried home with us and am washing our clothing, neck warmers, socks,etc.  I will make a run into town to have my head looked at.  I will also stop by the Laundromat and wash our snow suits, all of the dog coats and booties that were worn on the Iditarod Trail. 

I have two of my dogs back to their dog houses and will dig out two more before I head to town.  Then when I return, I will dig out two more. 

When we returned home we found out that there was a local moose who took up residence in our dog lot.  Now that we are home I am hoping that the moose does not return.  He or she was sleeping right in front of our door and there was evidence that it roamed through the dog lot. 

Last night when I checked my email I was overwhelmed with all of the messages from you all.   I want to thank you all for the encouragement and well wishes and prayers that you kept us in.    It will take a while, but I want to respond personally to each one.  

A special note to Emma(a student who has been emailing and following my journey)....I read your message and will be sending you an email.  There are many more messages from students across the US and I will be answering your emails and questions. 

I think that the dogs are happy to be home and I can't wait till we can go out for a run !   I can't wait to get the dogs our for a run who I left home.  It was such a difficult decision to make when I selected my team.  Otter, Spot and Roan...I wish that I could have had them with me. 

Well, bye for now.  But I will try and blog each day and get caught up.   

3 comments:

  1. Restful sleep? Hmm, you'll eventually have them :) Hope the prognosis for your head was positive. And, that the resident moose has found another place to call its home. Please give my brother (in law) a hug for me. Take care, Terry Puhr

    ReplyDelete
  2. head checked out fine...and Bob was treated for his frost bite on his face. So far we haven't seen any sign of the moose. Hugs to Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update - and for the hugs to Bob! Terry

    ReplyDelete