Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012


Jan Steves, racing in the Iditarod, is sending in reports via phone, email, and any other way she can communicate.  Here's the latest transcription.

It’s the early morning on Thursday.  The scenery is spectacular when I get the chance to notice it.  Rainy Pass, in particular, was amazing.

I’m feeling battered and bruised but I’m still in one piece. I just had two hours sleep. I’m now getting ready to go down to the dogs. We are heading to McGrath.

I got the bad stuff behind me. Yeah!

I still have 14 dogs!

Bye for now…

13 comments:

  1. Be careful and have fun! What a time you must be having. Wishing you and the pups a safe adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please give my dad a big hug for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos of the dogs ROCK!!!! Stay Strong Number 40

    Travis
    CB,CO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jan!
    Congratulations on this amazing running of the Iditarod! My class and I are tracking you with the Insider. You are doing it!! Take care and stay tough!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan,
    It's 8:30ish Thursday night & you & 10 others are @ McGrath. Congratulations! You will certainly make it to Cripple before any musher reaches Nome. You have conquered the technical areas ... now I'm trusting that Mother Nature will be gentle on your trail. Watch for Musher Grams from the "ladies".
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Jan and Bob, GO. happy tails and happy trails my friends:)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love following you - Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jan...glad to hear you are resting a bit. You are doing so well...hope it's not all work. The video of the northern lights was awesome! And so are you! Just think, in the whole wide world, You are ONE of only 66 who are attempting this great journey. Amazing!

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Like Judi Said you are one of only 66 in the world doing this. and a fine job you are doing. Continuing to send love, Light, and prayers over the cosmos for you and Bob. I know you will do just fine. You are one tough lady. You are truly an ispiration to all who know you.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jan, my name is Liberti im seven we had to pick a musher for school and I picked you. I read your dogs were friendly and I see you are doing a wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. McGrath sounds like McGruff, the cartoon dog from the '80s who advised us to take a bite out of crime. Hopefully that's a good omen for your dogs, who are probably mostly thinking about taking a bite out of a reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waiting for your next post,Jan,what an adventure,keep on mushin'
    Neil

    ReplyDelete