Jan Steves, racing in the Iditarod, is sending in reports via phone, email, and any other way she can communicate. Here's the latest transcription.
It's Tuesday and I'm in Nulato getting an hour or two of sleep. I had time for a five minute shower. I have body art... colorful bruises that make the northern lights dim.
It's slow-go traveling right now. I'm breaking trail as the trail is blown in and there are snow drifts. The dogs had to really work hard. There were some very strong winds. Thankfully, it was a bit warmer.
Good night!
Jan
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jan, you inspire us all!!!! We are all following your progress with great admiration!!!! May the winds be at your back, the dogs full of energy, the trail ahead clear, and the sun shining warm upon your face. Go girl go!
ReplyDeleteLove your description of body art ... @ least it's not permanent, that is unless you decide to use some of your current art for tattoo designs :). Debi
ReplyDeleteHey Jan it has been fun following your progress. I normally check first thing in the morning to see where you have gotten and again in the evening. What an accomplishment on your first try. A lot of mushers have already scratched. We are all proud of you. Jeff
ReplyDeleteVisiting my sister in New York ... Keep it up, Jan. Judi
ReplyDeleteHey Jan. I just picked up an old Edmonds Beacon paper, March 8th and you were on the cover with Debi in the background. Just thought I would give you a cheer RA RA Ree ! You Go Girl!! Take care of your pups. I'll keep following.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck, Adriane and Frankie Martinez!!
You are an inspiration to many! Hope you and the dogs can hang in there in this Part 3 of Living My (your:) Dream! Deb Claremont,CA
ReplyDeleteYou rock girlfriend! Please know that i am praying you along the trail. Kathleen
ReplyDeleteFrom a fellow Washingtonian - Been following you the whole way - GO JAN GO! Your heading into the home stretch!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBig Dave from Republic WA
Can hardly wait for the next installment . . .
ReplyDeleteGo Jan. I'm so proud of my little sister. What an inspiration. I am addicted to checking in with the standings several times a day to track your progress. Be strong. Jubilation and a nice hot shower are in your near future. Rick
ReplyDeletewoohoo Jan you are getting oh so close. glad you made it accross the sound it can be a nightmare out there. Mellen Shea and i were crossing it on the Serum Run with me on machine in front her with her team behind. we watched a wall of weather come towards us about half way accross. We ended up me driving till i could barely see her head lamp.. she driving up to the machine me then me looking for the next marker. all made it safe accross but at one point we could have sworn we were lost on land cuz we saw a huge boulder sticking up. since then i have been on the trail a couple of more times and never saw the boulder. :):) Just some really big hills left and watch out for the blow hole at the bottom of Topkok it can be nasty windy too so be safe and most of all i hope you continue to have fun. Oh and i mailed the stuff to Nome for you.
ReplyDeletebeth