I would like to thank Jessie, Jesse, and Sophie for a wonderful dinner out for Bob and I. And yes, we had steak ! Good old baked potato along with it. And we split a cherry pie with ice cream ! What a treat.
This is me dreaming of a steak dinner while on the trail.
Today the temps were around 1 degrees. I took out a 10 dog team and we went 37 miles. It was beautiful. Dogs are doing great and most importantly happy. They are coming into the kennel after their runs full steam ahead. Today we saw 3 teams go out past our kennel, but I saw no one out on the trails.
While on the way back from run I started thinking of the gift from Jessie and Jesse and Sophie. Tonight would be the night! I made a quick call to Bob to make sure that he would get his run in so that we would take off for dinner as soon as he got back.
I called the Trading Post and their grill stays open until 9 pm. Bob got in from his run at 8:20. The two of us watered and put his dogs back to their houses lickety split. The car was already warmed up and we were heading out the driveway at 8:50. I called and placed our steak dinner order and when we walked in the restuarant we sat down and were served. And I might say that it was DELICIOUS !
An Alaskan Flat...
Beautiful photos. Thanks, Jan
ReplyDeleteSomehow the Alaskan flat is more funny when you know the dogs and the musher. LOL!
ReplyDelete