Getting Bob stoked up and well fed so that he can head out on the trail for some grooming before we take our teams out. Bob is one of just a few people who groom and maintain our trails here. I will say that for those who know him, they know of his love of working on the trail. A few weeks ago I saw him off at 11PM to go work on the trail. He came back around 2 AM He was determined to work on a section of trail out by the train trestle and make it safer. The next morning when we hit the trail I could see all his work. Beautiful.
Egg scramble of mixed peppers, onions, mushrooms, power greens, bacon, and sausage, Coffee and a Blentec smoothie of Banana, pineapple, mango, blueberries, peaches and power greens (spinach, kale and chard). He is ready to go !
Ready to do some grooming
Our trails have been great. However, some new snow would make them much better. Because of a brief sprinkle, even though temperatures are below freezing, Bob was concerned that the real nice scuff of snow that was on the trail might be frozen to the trail surface, creating an abrasive condition for the dogs feet, making it necessary to boot the dogs, and causing booties to wear out quickly.
Tools of the trade
More tools of the trade
Heading out on the trail...
While Bob is out on the trail, I am heading to the gas station to fill up all of our jugs for the snow machines, to the dump to drop off our trash, and to the post office to pick up truck parts and hopefully a number of other items.
Then I will have both our teams on the stake out chain ready to hook up when Bob returns. We plan on heading out for about a 50 mile run. Dogs are doing really great !
No comments:
Post a Comment