Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

It's What's for Breakfast...at home and on the trail !

Woke up earlier than planned on my Saturday "sleep in day"...with a wake up at 7 AM.  : )  6 AM found me laying in bed, not being able to get back to sleep.  With there always being so much to do and especially around this time with Drop Bags having to be put together, I decided that I would just get up .  

One of my favorite meals on the trail is French toast slathered in peanut butter and drenched in syrup, served with sausage or bacon.    I decided that preparing French Toast meals wouldn't be a noisy project for 6 AM, so I put on the coffee and started cracking eggs.  I had raisin Bread in the freezer and thought that would be really good for my French Toast.  YUM.

French Toast cooling
                                      
French Toast with Almond Butter between two slices
Yes, there are two will a double layer of almond butter.  : )
Add caption
 The pouches on the left have Almond Butter between two pieces of French Toast and then Pure Maple syrup poured into the pouch.  The three on the right just have Pure Maple Syrup.  They are all Food Saver sealed and ready for the trail !  There is also enough left overs for our breakfast this morning.

You have heard of "Walk In Freezers"...well, this is our "Walk Out Freezer".  It is portable and conveniently placed right outside the sliding door that is just off the kitchen.  With the temps at 13 degrees I was able to open the door.   When it gets into the minus temps, the slider is frozen shut.

All of this done by 8 AM.  Time for breakfast and then time to hook up the dogs for a run !

No comments:

Post a Comment