Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

A Long Day

Night Run...still snowing 


Well, I got up at 5:15 this morning, a bit earlier than usual.  I had a 7 AM Physical Therapy appointment in Wasilla.  Poured myself a cup of coffee and then filled my water buckets for the dogs.  When I opened the door and stepped outside, I saw that it had snowed about 8 inches overnight.  Started my car so that it would be warmed up and ready to go when I was done watering the dogs.

Out in the dog lot I had to play Hide and Seek with the dogs bowls. The snow hid them and I had to find them. Got all the dogs watered and then tackled the job of brushing all the snow off my car.  I was hoping that I would make it to my Physical Therapy appointment on time. Yesterday I was 15 minutes early arriving so I thought I would be ok.   Today I arrived at 7:00 sharp...Right on time.

After Physical Therapy, I made a quick stop at the grocery store and bought pizza, sweet and sour chicken, and lots of bacon. I was determined to get a bunch of meals done for Iditarod.   Between now and Drop Bags, that Food Saver Machine will be working overtime.  This afternoon I cooked up the bacon and food saver sealed them.  Also got all of the sweet and sour chicken cooked up and food saver sealed.

Bacon
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Drop Bags for Iditarod are due February 18th and 19th.  Ugh !  There is so much to do to get those bags done.  I am still waiting on my ton of dog meat that I ordered from Aaron Burmeister.  Sure hoping that it comes soon.  I need to get it cut up and bagged. I really wanted to be feeding the dogs this meat for January and February, along with on the Iditarod.    Here it is almost the end of January.

Mobile Vet, Susan Dent came to the kennel at 2PM today and gave 10 dogs their Rabies shots.  It was quite a time saver.  We didn't have to load up dogs and truck them to the community center, unload and then load them up again and drive home.  She arrived and lickety split, before we knew it, those dogs were vaccinated.I

6:00 we took two teams out.  Just went for a short run, but it was a good run for the dogs.  They worked hard breaking trail the whole way.   Since yesterday we have gotten 16 inches of snow.


After the run, we had a late dinner and then I Food Saver Sealed more Iditarod dinners.

Lasagna Dinners
Two pouches of Baked Potato w/ chili and cheese
Two pouches of Steak


No comments:

Post a Comment