Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

EVERY SPARE MOMENT...

Last year's Food Drops

Over 2,200 pounds shipped out on the trail

Well, it is definitely "CRUNCH TIME"...Drop Bags will be due before I know it.  Usually by this time, I have most of my meals done, and all my booties powdered and bundled.  It seems like I have been playing catch up ever since I made it back home (2 months later than usual) and then having to make two unexpected trips back to Edmond for my dad has made it all the harder.  The bright side is that my dad is doing FABULOUS.   The down side is I am behind schedule.

Dogs are doing GREAT !   Keeping the miles on the dogs and getting those drop bags done is my priority.  The Food Saver machine has been running non stop and will continue to do so for a while.


Every spare moment has been filled with meal prep.  When ever I make a dinner, I make enough to have 3 or 4 trail meals out of it.  Same goes for breakfasts.  Here are a few more pouches that I have made up.  

Grapes for the Trail

Meat Balls for the Trail


Oranges for the Trail


Pizza for the Trail




Tonight I made Curry Beef Stew...and guess what I will be eating on the trail?  Yep, Curry Beef Stew.  



No comments:

Post a Comment