Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

First Run of the New Year

 First run of the New Year was a short one.  Dogs were excited to get out as they were kennel bound yesterday due to warmer temperatures and freezing rain.  Bob ran the snowmachine out on our trail this morning.  I got the OK from him and I took out my first team, fully bootied to protect their feet.  I felt the trail was too punchy on the sides and decided to not take out my second team.  

I had to laugh at Clarence.  I am not sure if he has ever been booted.  He wanted to eat the booties and danced around lifting his feet high.  As soon as we hit the trail, it was as though he had forgotten that he was wearing the boots.  I am really impressed with how he is doing.  At first he was pretty much always loping, and now he is settling into a nice trot, which has been getting faster and smooth.  In the picture above, Clarence is in wheel on the right, running with Otter.

On the way home, I put Yen up in lead with Turbo and she really showed the boys her stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Go Jan. Enjoying all the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love getting your comments...that way I know that peeps are reading !

    ReplyDelete