Saturday, January 18, 2014
It's CindyK - I'm back!
But only for this one post. I am not going to be blogging for Jan this year. Instead, I am headed to Anchorage to witness the start of the Iditarod myself. This will be my second time watching the Iditarod start in person. Last year I went to Hawaii and watched as an Iditarod Insider on the internet like many of the rest of you. It's a lot warmer to watch it from Hawaii.
This year is going to be super special. Jan hasn't announced this on her blog yet, so I have to apologize for spilling the beans first: Jan's big dream about this year's Iditarod is to have her daughter Nicolina be her Iditarider, and Nicolina won the bid! Yeah!!!! The second reason this year will be special is because Jan asked me to drive her tag sled for the Ceremonial Start! Can you believe it? I was pretty stunned that she would ask me because I have only ever ridden on a tag sled once before for about 11 minutes. This time I will be on the tag sled for 11 MILES! But don't worry. I am going to Minnesota in a couple of weeks to learn how to mush. I have 3 sled dogs, one malamute, one husky, and one half malamute/half husky. Maybe they will want to learn to pull a sled also!
I hope all you kids are getting ready to DO IDITAROD in 2014!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL Cindy, You sure did "spill the beans". Better practice hard! I know that you can do it...and we will take you out for your test run. I know that Nikki will be so excited to share this incredible Mother/Daughter experience with you...you have been "family" for 23 years !
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to have you here for the start...and riding with us !