Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Last Night's Run



16 dogs, Arnie and Turbo in lead
Beautiful run last night.  We went 30 miles and I am not sure just how much snow we did get, but it was snowing hard when we were hooking up.  The dogs broke trail the entire run.

At one point on the way home, my team just started hauling.  Their speed immediately picked up at least two notches.  I searched at each side of the trail, and sure enough, there was a large moose heading for the bank of the river and into the trees.   That is a good moose....off the trail moose.

I slowed the dogs back down to 9.5 and dogs continued their way home.

I was tested out Angie's Gemini Duo headlamp.  I have a Gemini Xera  and it is the best headlamp that I have ever used.  The Duo is very nice.  Gemini and Action Led Lights sponsored me in 2012 with my Xera.  I am still thanking them for lighting my trail!    www.gemini-lights.com  www.action-led-lights.com

Ok Kids...Mushing Math  


How many booties did I use tonight?    I booted my entire team before the run.  I had to re-boot 6 feet out on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment