Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

SCHOOL VISITS AND "BREAK UP"

Well, while I am busy scheduling school visits, Bob has been dealing with "BREAK UP"  (I think that I have the better deal !)   Break up is the time when everything is melting and there are puddles and lakes.  In the kennel snow melts and creates small lakes as the ground can not absorb all of the water.   Then it will slowly absorb, only to have it melt more and create more water.  The dogs enjoy hanging out sunbathing on the tops of their houses.  It is a mucky time.

Sunday I pick up Birdie at the airport.  A HUGE thanks to Amanda for escorting Birdie on her Alaska Airlines Flight.   Alaska Airlines is the greatest for flying dogs !

Birdie will have one day to adjust to home life in Edmonds, Washington and then she will have her first school visit.  On Monday we will be at Meridian Park Elementary.  Hannah Pertson's class of 5th graders really got into their Iditarod studies.  They were even featured in the Edmonds Beacon Newspaper...FRONT PAGE !  WAy to go guys !

I get the privilege of meeting these students and I will get to see all of their projects.  Everything is still up on the hallway walls.   Pretty cool.  I am really looking forward to my visit and sharing with them my dream...my journey.  It will be fun bringing their Iditarod to life!

Pat Ratlif from the Edmonds Beacon will be coming along and he is going to do a follow story.  He will be taking lots of pictures and I will share them with you after Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment