Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

FIRST IDITAROD MEAL MADE

Well, I think that the FoodSaver machine is going to stay out on the counter...I just made up two meals for Iditarod with leftovers from last night's dinner.   The plan is going to be make enough for two meals and then seal the leftovers into meal pouches.   We are really trying to stay ahead of the game this year. 

We worked on the roof again today and we got about 1/3 of the metal roofing on it.  Tomorrow morning I will make a run to the hardware store in Willow to get some more roofing screws.  Then we will try and get the rest of the roof done and still have time to run a dog team. 

I ran Daisy and Magic in lead today and they are doing great.    Drove a really nice looking 12 dog team today.  We upped the mileage just a bit.  Dogs handled it well and they are coming back into the kennel strong.  I had Floyd in swing and he was being a bit of a goof off.   I put him back in team and pulled Arnie up to swing.  That took care of things.   Near the end of the run I was cold.  Tomorrow I will dress warmer. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the daily updates. Any pics of the new team members? Let us all know what surprises we can send to help out. (besides cash of course!)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know ! Great to hear from you. I have sent a few emails to the web guy...and he will be updating the website and getting the dogs up to date. I would love to find some of the old time baby diaper pins. The ones that my kids wore in their diapers were so much better than some that I just bought. They are not as strong. So if anyone knows where they sell the old style diaper pins with the plastic colored heads that are durable(don't bend) that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete