Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

FABULOUS WORK PARTY TODAY AND TAG SLED PRACTICE FOR CINDY !



I was blessed to have My 2012 Iditarider Terri and her husband John Cooper, Cindy Klettke, Julie Reimer , Connie Starr, Vivian Coleman, Karen Fry, Barb Hudak and Nicolina here for breakfast and then a morning of work.



They did everything from scooping poop, shoveling snow, massaging dogs, putting new neck lines on my gang line, sorting and bundling booties, to putting on Iditarod dog tags.  Cindy got to go out on two runs driving a tag sled like she will do on the Ceremonial Start.  Karen and Barb each got to go on their first sled dog ride.  It was a fun time for all and Cindy did fabulously!   She will have no problem with the Ceremonial start.

Nicolina is ready for her ride and she will be tossing out worn booties to the kids.

2 comments:

  1. Jan, I hope you and your team have a successful Iditarod. Remember during the challenges that you face that many of us are thinking of you, and are with you via GPS, and pulling for you and the dogs to do well.

    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Spencer, I really did feel well supported by so many people that I don't even know....humbling. I appreciate all the well wishes. Jan

    ReplyDelete