Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Lazy Morning

Buzz makes a good head rest for Chip
 
I actually got up at 7 this morning and took a stroll out to the dog lot with my usual 2 buckets of water, baited with kibble.  I was quite a sight...long johns, bunny boots, and an oversized anorak.  The temperature was 1 degrees.  Dogs greeted me the usual, with tails a wagging and Dale, Turbo and Chad all barking in excitement.  Soon, the whole kennel is in full motion.  Chip was attached to the Subaru trailer hitch, his usual peeing post. 
 
Then it was back in the house and a leisurely morning.  As you can see, Chip has a real tough life right now.
 
Yesterday when I was out in the dog lot scooping poop, I decided to take Chip out with me and I hooked him up to the stake out chain.  I think that he rather liked being out with all his buddies.  Dale sure was excited to see him.  He spent a few hours laying in the sun close to his team. 
 
A big thanks to Terry Morache for letting me borrow her lap top.  Mine crashed sometime back and I have not been able to update anything here at home.  It has been only when I have made a trip to the library.  So, I am hoping to get caught up.
 
The plan for today is to take out 2 teams.  We are going to head on out to the other side of the highway.  Dogs are looking really good and I am happy with their weights.  They are also really eager to run.  I love watching them in the dog lot as they play.  There are pairs of dogs who are very playful and entertain me for hours.  Betty and Yen,  Turbo and Bristol, Dale and Chop, Chop and Betty, Amber and Turbo.   Today I am going to move a few dogs in the kennel, getting them closer to their buddies. 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. The Dogs Say," BEST DAY EVER!!" Thanx 4 sharing this photo. Cracked Me Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your family OK in Washington? That landslide is so shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marty, my family is fine. However, I am still waiting to hear from some friends in the area. Awful landslide and so devastating. My heart goes out to all those who have lost love ones...and still have loved ones missing.

    ReplyDelete