Add caption
|
Dogs were so excited to get back to training. We tried to get two teams out a day. It will be nice when I get back up in September. We will then have two 4 wheelers. It makes it nice to be able to head out with two teams at once.
So much to do and plan for. Bob is going to build an open air storage shed. That will be a great addition. We will keep the straw for the winter in there and have a place to store the sleds and 4 wheelers. It is all a work in progress.
I checked out the Iditarod website. It was fun to see your name on the list and the word "veteran" next to it. How did that feel to you?
ReplyDeleteJulie in Duvall
Hi Julie...GREAT to hear from you. Sometimes I can't believe that I signed up...but I am all about challenges. There is much to do to make it happen and so much is falling into place. I only wish that I was in Willow to help Bob with the outbuildings. He has his work cut out for him...caring for all the dogs and running them and getting all of the projects done before snow.
ReplyDeleteAs far as seeing the word "Veteran" next to my name, it feels really good. Hope to make it all the way on my second run. Will have to make another visit to a special Duvall classroom. Say hi to Alyssa !
PS I am actively searching for sponsors for my team so pass the word!
I will say hi to Alyssa! She'll be thrilled!
DeleteI will also pass the word about sponsorship, although I don't "get out" much and am not well connected.
I enjoy following your blog. Have a wonderful time with your family being together and best wishes for your dad's speedy recovery!
Say hello to Bob when you make it up there. I hope this winter will go much easier on you both with all the new additions.
I do look forward to seeing you out in Duvall again! I will have a whole new crew this year to teach about the Iditarod! And I'm looking forward to it!
Julie
Julie, Get me names early and I will send postcards. Also we can do a phone call to the class again. Bob brought down some books for you. I will have to get them to you. Jan
ReplyDeleteOh how sweet and amazing of you both! Thank you! We are just working on getting names now-lots of stuff going on with school wide testing and such. It's looking like a lot more kids this year, however.
ReplyDeleteLet's try and get together before you head up!
Julie
I'm glad Bob has entered the race with you. Tell him I said hello and thank you as well!