My flight is delayed. Bummer. I now will be arriving in Anchorage at 12:15 am. ZZZ.... We will have a 2 hour drive to home. It will be great to be back, even though it will be a quick trip. Can't wait to see the dogs. It has been since May. I got to enjoy having Tok here in Edmonds with me. He was great at presentations and with school kids. He was also the "Grand Marshal Dog" for the Edmonds 4th of July Parade. Sure have missed him since he returned to the kennel.
Tomorrow we will get up early and run two teams. The temps are in the 30's. Can't wait. This will be a team building time as I am down 6 dogs since Angie is running Iditarod. Her leaders were really good and I will be missing them. Chad will have to find a new running partner as Riot will also be running with Angie.
So, I will be saying good bye to Carmack, Chop, Stovepipe, Riot, Pierce, and Pepe. I will sure miss those guys. I will be welcoming Petunia, Kevin, Circus, Garnie, Daisy, and Ursa to my group. I am also negotiating the purchase of three leaders. It will be interesting to see how these dogs will integrate with my guys.
Well, update on flight...departure time is now 11:41 pm. Original departure time was 9:08. This will be a long night.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad to hear you are back in alaska. Can't wait to hear of your adventures. Let us know when your lights are up and running ( and the crock pot!)
ReplyDeleteAmy
Hi Amy. Good to hear from you. I am just here for a short time and have to return to Edmonds Sunday night. :( Dogs are doing Great! Took them out for a training run on the 4 wheeler. Wish I was staying. My goal will be to head north again as soon as I can. I guess I will have to go shopping for a crock pot!
ReplyDelete