Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

WHERE DID MY WEBSITE GO ? ? ? ?

Well, I am not very techie...should I say not at all techie???  Anyways, back in 2010 my website was developed and all I had to do was send a check each year and there were no issues.  Andrew at Rick Steves' Europe did all of my updates for me.  Well, this past October when it was time to send that annual check, I was informed that my web designer was no longer going to be in business and I would have to transfer the domain into my name.

The transfer went through and I thought all was well...but Andrew couldn't do any of my updates and my website is terribly outdated.  I again made calls and was advised what to do.   I followed the steps as instructed...and Poof !   My website disappeared off the face of the web.  

I began receiving emails telling me of my missing website.  Ugh !   Back on the phones and back to the territory that I have very little understanding of.  I was told that they couldn't find my website.  The thought of losing my website was a very sinking feeling.  No luck getting it back online.

Well, I was back on the phones again today and the end result was that my website was recovered and it is back up and running.  Yeah ! ! !    Now we just have to get it so that it can be updated.  Has to do with hosting.... : )

PS  Nice to know I was missed !


4 comments:

  1. Yes you were missed and welcome back!!! :)

    Julie @ Cherry Valley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie ! Good to be back. Tell the kids that I say Hi and send a BIG thank you for the wonderful cards. I am going to hang them up. Their artwork is so wonderful. I will answer questions as soon as I can. One question that I will answer right now is that Tok, the stuffed sled dog is doing great.

    He has been watching over me as I sleep at night. I figured that I should start taking him out on some training runs !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, let me know what I can do to help with the web site. I'd be happy to get it updated for you.

    ReplyDelete